[gst-devel] what is the meaning of using '-LLIBDIR'?

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Thu Dec 22 01:21:04 CET 2005

Hello rong

from all you prvious post to me it looks like you make it all a bit too
diffucult for yourself.
To build all of gstreamer it should not be needed to tweak variables
like CFLAGS, LDFLAGS and LIBDIR.
Just use a normal configure and use the same --prefix argument.
The configure script finds out about what to add to CFLAGS and LDFLAGS
from pkg-config files.
Do "echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH" to check which directoriues it contains. Also
search for files ending on "*.pc" to see if you hve any of those in
other locations (e.g. under $HOME). If so add those directories to you
PKG_CONFIG_PATH and rerun configure.

Stefan