[gst-devel] Re: gst-ffmpeg with AMR support ?

Forest Wilkinson [gstreamer] ywhayiz02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Dec 22 15:16:08 CET 2005

>>** Message: don't know how to handle audio/x-amr-nb, rate=(int)8000,
>>channels=(int)1
>
> That implies that the mediatype was not handled. Probably, someone
> changed the mediatypes in the AMR decoder and didn't update the
> appropriate demuxers. Either update the qt demuxer yourself or ask
> developers to do it and wait for the next release.

I updated qtdemux.c, replacing "audio/x-amr-nb" with "audio/x-amr-nb-sh",
and rebuilt.  Now I don't even get the first frame of video, and I get a
new error:

$ gst-launch playbin uri=file:///home/forest/dl/media/test/hardball.3gp
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
** (gst-launch-0.10:29847): CRITICAL **: gst_adapter_peek: assertion `size
 > 0' failed
Segmentation fault

I would appreciate any help, and I'll be happy to submit any patches that
come of solving this problem.  Getting these .3gp clips playing in linux
would be great.