[gst-devel] gst-ffmpeg with AMR support? (was: gst-ffmpeg with AMR support)

Forest Wilkinson [gstreamer] ywhayiz02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Dec 27 11:03:11 CET 2005

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje-at-ronald.bitfreak.net |gstreamer| wrote:

>>>That implies that the mediatype was not handled. Probably, someone
>>>changed the mediatypes in the AMR decoder and didn't update the
>>>appropriate demuxers. Either update the qt demuxer yourself or ask
>>>developers to do it and wait for the next release.
>>
>>I updated qtdemux.c, replacing "audio/x-amr-nb" with "audio/x-amr-nb-sh"
>

> No.
>
> I said that "most likely, the decoder mediatype was changed, so update
> the demuxer". I didn't say -sh was the right mediatype, because it
> isn't. Run gst-inspect-0.9 amrnbdec and you'll see the new mediatype,
> change the demuxer to that and it may work again. -sh is *unparsed*,
> whereas qtdemux outputs *pre-parsed* AMR media, so what you did above
> makes no sense.

Okay.  I'm completely new to gstreamer, but I'm trying to understand what
you mean.  Sorry for the mistake.

I don't have gst-inspect-0.9, because I'm using gstreamer 0.10.  Running
"gst-inspect-0.10 amrnbdec" shows that its sink accepts "audio/AMR".  I
have edited qtdemux.c again, this time replacing this:
	return gst_caps_new_simple ("audio/x-amr-nb", NULL);
with this:
	return gst_caps_new_simple ("audio/AMR", NULL);

With that code newly installed, I get the same crash:

$ gst-launch playbin uri=file:///home/forest/dl/media/test/hardball.mp4
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
** (gst-launch-0.10:8837): CRITICAL **: gst_adapter_peek: assertion `size
 > 0' failed
Segmentation fault

Is anyone here able to play a video clip with AMR audio using gstreamer
0.10?  Can someone point me to a clip that is known to work, so that I
might test it on my system?