[gst-devel] please help: gst-ffmpeg fails to build with amr support

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Thu Dec 29 06:09:21 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 20:11 -0800,
gstreamer-devel-request at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
> > I'm trying, and I believe I have figured out the build problem:  It looks
> > like someone completely deleted amr.c from gstreamer's ffmpeg snapshot.
>
> I think that it is a lot more likely that the snapshot we are using was
> from a time before amr.c even existed in the ffmpeg tree.

No, amr.c exists already. It's simply not integrated. Why? Because
ffmpeg's way of including external dependencies is simply not compatible
with ours, so we'd need to redo all that work. I decided to not do that
for now. They include sources in their tree, and do hacks in it; some of
this is not possible using shared library dependencies.

Then again, it may work, so you may want to look at the Makefile.am and
configure.ac. There's some preliminary but unfinished logic for
including AMR. I'd recommend using the amrnbdec element, though.

Ronald