[gst-devel] GstRtp??

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Thu Feb 3 14:16:25 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-03 at 22:56, Flavio wrote:
> I was looking for RTP Plugin and I found something about GstRtp plugins in the Forum ... Was the work stopped?
> Why don't have the Plugin in the last GStreamer release? Is there someome working with this plugin?

Ramon Garcia was/is working on it, I don't know the current status, he's
not online very often. As far as I know, the streaming is sort-of
working, but only has 1 or 2 codecs (payloads) implemented. Zaheer Abbas
Merali is working on RTSP plugins using the ffmpeg wrapper plugin
(gst-ffmpeg), a patch is in bugzilla, it's basically working but not
very tidy.

Plugins get taken up in the gst-plugins/-ffmpeg releases when they're
finished and when the authors submit a patch (or commit it themselves,
if they have CVS access).

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>