[gst-devel] Forcing adder to use audio/x-raw-float

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Fri Feb 4 07:41:18 CET 2005

Hey Grant,

On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 14:11 -0700, Grant Likely wrote:
> I've got an application where I want to force the pipeline to use only
> audio/x-raw-float when mixing and processing audio.

Thanks for the test suite. It could be pared down even farther:

gst-launch sinesrc ! audioconvert ! audio/x-raw-float ! adder ! \
           audioconvert ! osssink

The problem is the buffer-frames property. Sinesrc produces buffers of
indeterminate size, and adder requires that connected elements advertise
the size of their processing chunks via the 'buffer-frames' caps
property.

So the solution is to put a buffer-frames element in the pipeline after
the audioconvert. BUT, for some reason buffer-frames-convert is broken.
I fixed it in CVS -- don't know how it ever worked before. (Stefan, that
was your bug -- try again to see if your app is fixed.)

Cheers,
--
Andy Wingo
http://wingolog.org/