[gst-devel] xoverlay + wxgtk

Diego Essaya dessaya at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 19:51:19 CET 2005

Hi, I'm trying to make a simple video player in wxgtk 2.5. The thing
is, I can't get xoverlay to work... although I've made it in plain gtk
before.

This is the relevant part of the code (C++):

    wxWindow w;
    // ... Set up and show window ...
    GtkWidget *gtkwidget = w->GetHandle();
    Window xwid = GDK_WINDOW_XWINDOW(gtkwidget->window);
    // ... set up gstreamer ...
    gst_x_overlay_set_xwindow_id (GST_X_OVERLAY(xvsink), xwid);

If I comment out the last statement, the video plays correctly, but in
a separate window, of course.

Any ideas about why this doesn't work? Am i forgetting something? I'm
using libgstreamer0.8.8 and libwxgtk2.5-dev in Debian sid.

Thanks in advance,

Diego