[gst-devel] Proposal for XML Description File for Plugins

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Tue Feb 8 12:56:37 CET 2005

Howdy,

[jump in]

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 21:11, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> I'm new to the project, and I'm going to be taking a crack at the
> status table issue.  Upon looking at the way things are set up right
> now, I have a proposal for a new file that I believe would solve some
> problems.

Small introduction for the people who are not ancient granddaddies with
regards to GStreamer: in the old days (I'm talking <= 0.2.1 here), we
had plugin status tables, which indicated what a plugin did and what
features it did/did not support or how well it worked. Those have never
been updated after 0.2.2 and were at some point removed. Some of us
would like them back to inform people about what plugins/formats we
support and which plugin handles which format. Jeff has proposed to help
a hand with that.

[/jump out]

Ronald

--