[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] thomasvs gstreamer: gstreamer/ gstreamer/gst/

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Feb 14 02:18:16 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 10:48 +0100, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-02-11 at 14:04, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> >           remove unused and unneeded error to combat inflation
> [..]
> > -  TABLE (t, STREAM, INVALID_DATA,
> > -      N_("The stream contained invalid data and cannot be processed."));
>
> Eh?! Not unused, not unneeded. Please be more precise.

The point of these error domains is to not have a different one for each
possible error.  This one doesn't need to be added because it fits under
the other.  Also, nothing in gstreamer or gst-plugins (in the threaded
branch) uses it.  So I don't even see why it was added in the first
place.

Anyway, like I said a long time ago - if people really feel one needs to
be added, I want it discussed, precisely because I don't want an
inflation of error enums, *especially* not in a development branch.

Thomas

I listen to the sounds they make on their way down
I follow with my eyes till they crash