[gst-devel] What I want out of a "Status Table"

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Wed Feb 16 00:09:07 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 00:22, Darren Blaser wrote:
> That was some excellent feedback you provided to Jeff. The only thing
> that was confusing in it to me was the part about extracting info
> directly from a local users installed plugins. This is confusing to me
> because it requires an application to be run locally on an end users
> system for it to work. Are you thinking of gst-inspect being run at
> build release time or on an individual users PC at the time they try to
> play a file they don't have a plugin for... I thought it was the former
> but just wanted to clarify...

The former, indeed. End users would never need to build anything, they
just visit a (our) website they can finish or an auto-download helper
with the XML files as some kind of database inside it. gst-inspect is
(could be) run by the build/update system that developers use when
they're refreshing the extracted contents of the XML files.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>