[gst-devel] Network sound

Lennart Poettering mztfgernzre at 0pointer.de
Wed Feb 23 15:39:29 CET 2005

On Fri, 18.02.05 10:00, Gideon Romm (ltsp at symbio-technologies.com) wrote:

> In an LTSP environment, running a sound daemon on the thin client and
> redirecting sound from the app server to that daemon is currently our
> method for supporting local sound, and it works quite well.  Many of
> users will be extremely disappointed to lose this functionality.
>
> Thanks and looking forward to working with you,

I am working on polypaudio, a networked sound server which is kind of
a successor to esound. A plugin for gstreamer has already been merged
and is available in their CVS.

polypaudio gives you lip sync movie playback over the network, and
many more features. I believe that it is very well suited for
integration in you project.

For more information see
http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/polypaudio/ or mail me.

Lennart

--
name { Lennart Poettering } loc { Hamburg - Germany }
mail { mzft (at) 0pointer (dot) de } gpg { 1A015CC4 }