[gst-devel] file descriptor sharing among different elements

Thirupathiah Annapureddy writetothiru at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 08:19:32 CET 2005

Hi All,
I am new to gstreamer elements development. I am familiar with
directshow in windows ce. i have started developing my own audio
elements to exploit custom hardware acceleration for decoding,
encoding, mixing and effects.
i have the following questions about the gstreamer framework.

1. does all the elements in the same pipeline run in the same process
space?if so, can i use the file descriptor opened by one element in
other    element?
2. is there any way to know whether my neighbour elements support a
particular interface. for example, i want to know whether the element
connected to my sourcepad supports a mixer interface or not.

Thanks in advance,
A. Thirupathi Reddy