[gst-devel] gsttag.h defines && docs

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Jan 6 06:03:30 CET 2005

On Thursday 06 January 2005 13:33, Stefan Kost wrote:

> On the other hand there are a few where an example might be helpful. E.g.
> GST_TAG_BITRATE: is that just an integer or a string like "128 kBit".

it's just an integer (in bit/s), the same goes for GST_TAG_*_BITRATE, so a
value of 128000 = 128 kBit, but I am not sure whether the multiplier is 1000
here or 1024, and plugins don't seem to agree on that either.

See gsttag.c, around line 166 for details about the tag types of the above
tags and other tags.

Cheers
 -Tim