[gst-devel] Re: gstvalue docs

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Jan 7 05:27:05 CET 2005

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Stefan Kost wrote:

> The remaining broken one ist GST_BUFFER_DONTKEEP in gstbuffer.h.
> I found no reference to it, neither in gstreamer, nor in gst-plugins.
> I guess it is deprecated - any comments to it?

Well, the meaning of that is pretty simple. Don't keep the buffer. Or
the longer form: If you happen to get such a buffer in your chain/loop
function you must get rid of the reference to that buffer before exiting
the function.

It's probably unused right now because it'd only be used by elements that
use custom buffers anyway and custom buffers are kind of not specced out
properly currently. (Someone put that into a 0.9 plan :)

Benjamin