[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] wtay gst-plugins: gst-plugins/ gst-plugins/examples/seeking/ gst-plugins/ext/ogg/ gst-plugins/ext/theora/ gst-plugins/gst/ffmpegcolorspace/ gst-plugins/gst/videotestsrc/ gst-

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Jan 7 05:46:22 CET 2005

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Ronald Bultje wrote:

> Op vr 31-12-2004, om 11:39 schreef Wim Taymans:
> >         Ogg demuxer updates, uses decoder plugin internally to convert
> > 	granulepos to timestamps.
>
> I was planning on doing the same thing in 0.8 to clean up the complete
> mess that oggdemux is right now. Any chance that you can convert this
> patch over to 0.8? I'd be very greatful for it.

Has anyone thought about a way to make this pipeline work correctly:

filesrc ! oggdemux   oggmux ! filesink  { oggdemux0. ! queue ! speexdec !
rawvorbisenc ! oggmux0. } { oggdemux0. ! video/x-theora ! queue oggmux0. }

which is supposed to be a simple transcoding pipeline that wouldn't work
right now, because the video stream wouldn't have correct timestamps and
so wouldn't allow muxing.
Does oggmux error out on invalid timestamps btw or does it just produce
invalid ogg files?

Benjamin