[gst-devel] [kurtz611 at yahoo.es: [Alsa-user] GStreamer and ALSA]

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Tue Jan 11 06:17:11 CET 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 11:18 +0100, kurtz wrote:
> Originally posted to alsa-user mailing list. Any feedback useful. :)
> email message attachment
> On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 11:18 +0100, kurtz wrote:
> > Rhythmbox refuses to play anything through ALSA. This seems to be a
> > GStreamer issue. I debug the problem by piping a pure tone through
> > alsasink:

> > This is gstreamer-0.8.3-2 running on FC2. Any feedback will be *very*
> > useful.

This is a fairly old version of GStreamer now. I assume the gst-plugins
installation alongside it is probably also old, which means your
alsasink is out of date - there's been a lot of fixes gone in.

You might like to try a new installation of GStreamer and the plugins.
There are FC2 rpms available from here:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/download/fedora.html

Cheers,
Jan