[gst-devel] various questions about GStreamer elements

Thirupathiah Annapureddy writetothiru at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 01:08:13 CET 2005

Hi Ronald,
First of all, thanks for your comments.

> I've never heard of this before, but a quick Google shows that this is
> some efficient type of noise reduction for input, right?
Yes. while capturing a stream, it is possbile that another stream is
getting played. so the microphone can pick up some of the playback
stream. so the capture stream would be actual capture + noise
(playback stream). AEC at the hw subtracts the playback stream from
the capture stream so that we get the actual capture stream.

Any other comments on how else it can be supported?

Thanks in advance,
A. Thirupathi Reddy