[gst-devel] various questions about GStreamer elements

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Fri Jan 14 02:21:24 CET 2005

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 13:55 +0530, Thirupathiah Annapureddy wrote:
> > > 3. Are there any ready made queues in GStreamer so that an element can
> > > use to queue buffers or etc.?
> > Yes, queue. :). See
> >http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/chapter>
> -threads.html
> I think this queue element is inserted at the discretion of the
> application only when it puts the element in a thread bin. Do you mean
> to say, this queue can be created internally by the element? If so,i
> can use this queue for storing the buffers to be queued to the
> hardware.

Oh, right, but then it doesn´t need to be part of the pipeline. The
queue element is an opaque thread boundary that can be used for
buffering and such, but it does not do what I think you´re looking for.
Such a thing would have to be internal to the element and thus not part
of the actual pipeline...

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>