[gst-devel] Chains this time...

MDK mdk at mdk.org.pl
Tue Jul 5 10:08:49 CEST 2005

I'm sorry to bug you again, but I bumped on another hard one. I've got a
pipeline:

(Source) --> (identity) -> (Loop based element) -> probe

Source is a decodebin-based bin, so it's also loopbased (with axidemux
inside). Now, in the "probe" I analyze the the timestamps and at a given
moment I want to replace the (Source) with another bin. I keep the other
bin also in the pipeline, but it's PAUSED and locked. so basically I
just unlink (Source) and link another (Source). Just after the re-link
operation I'm able to do one more iteration (the last loopbased element
enters the loop and actually pulls an event on the sink) and then:

** ERROR **: file gstoptimalscheduler.c: line 716 (sort_chain):
assertion failed: (new != NULL)

That's strange, as in my previous tests I was able to do dynamical
re-linking and It worked fine. Though, I was doing this being in the
same "chain" with the source:

(Source) --> (Identity) -> probe

--
Michał Dominik K.