[gst-devel] application/x-id3 metadata failure

Christophe Fergeau teuf at gnome.org
Wed Jul 6 01:08:26 CEST 2005

Le mercredi 06 juillet 2005 à 00:37 +0200, Rémi COHEN-SCALI a écrit :
> Hi
>
> <rcoscali at xfiles> gstreamer-0.8.10 [1218/220]$ gst-launch -t gnomevfssrc
> location = afile.mp3 ! typefind ! spider ! audio/x-raw-int ! fakesink
> RUNNING pipeline ...
> FOUND TAG      : found by element "ffdemux_mp30".
>     audio codec: MPEG-1 layer 3 audio

> I tried to add some debug in related gst-plugin files
> (gst-plugin/gst/tags/gstid3tag.c and gst-plugin/gst/tags/gstvorbistag.c)
> I noticed that vorbis traces appears but not the id3 ones.
> I assumed that gst-ffmpeg do not handles metadata, but that puzzles me.

mp3 metadata reading is handled by the id3demux element, which is built
with the gstreamer mad plugin. The ffmpeg mp3 plugin probably can't read
tags, thus it's not surprising it doesn't use the helper functions from
gstid3tag. To get the mad plugin to build, you need libmad to be
installed (and its development headers). If it's installed, it should
have priority over the ffmpeg mp3 stuff.

Hope that helps,

Christophe