[gst-devel] streaming windows media problems

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue Jul 12 09:15:32 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 10:54 +0200, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 15:12, Robert Bank wrote:
> > prompt#  gst-launch-0.8 gnomevfssrc
> > location=http://www.garnierstreamingmedia.com/asx/kink_classx.asp !
> > spider ! volume ! audioscale ! audioconvert ! $(gconftool-2
> > -g /system/gstreamer/0.8/default/audiosink)
>
> It's a playlist. Totem does not recognize the stream either, though.
> Please file a bug in Totem bugzilla (http://bugzilla.gnome.org/).

What a horrible pile of crap that streaming setup is.
It's an ASX playlist, pointing to a playlist file (.pls/Winamp format),
then pointing to one of those dodgy http/mms horrors.

Streaming mmsh://stream.garnierprojects.com/kinkfm_classx?MSWMExt=.asf
will work with xine-lib, and most likely with the gst mms plugin,
pitfdll and some win32 DLLs.

This looks pretty horrible, wish there was a better way to detect when
we need to "switch" to mmsh...

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>
I didn't want somebody looking up my arsehole or something. -- Donald
Sutherland