[gst-devel] problem when play audio and video simultaneously?

Li Juan GUO li-juan.guo at st.com
Thu Jul 14 07:07:37 CEST 2005

I met a problem when I play mpeg2 file by the command line of gst-launch.
When I use" gst-launch filesrc location=xx.mpg ! mpegdemux ! mpeg2dec !
xvimagesink "  to only  display the video portion, it works perfect; so it
does when I using " gst-launch filesrc location=xx.mpg ! mpegdemux ! mad !
alsasink " to only display the audio portion. However, when I want to play
both video and audio portion of the mpeg file using "gst-launch filesrc
location=xx.mpg ! mpegdemux name=demux ! { queue ! mpeg2dec ! xvimagesink }
{ demux. ! queue ! mad ! alsasink }" , only the audio portion works.There is
warning information as follows:
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link queue0 to mpeg2dec0
         Trying to run anyway.
RUNNING pipeline ...

(process:2968): GStreamer-WARNING **: Unhandled state change from PLAYING to
READY. If I use "gst-launch filesrc location=xx.mpg ! mpegdemux name=demux !
mpeg2dec ! xvimagesink demux. !  mad ! alsasink " , both the video and audio
portion become discontinuous and can't work well. The CAP of queue srcpad is
ANY, why it can't be linked to mpeg2dec? how can I solve this problem?