[gst-devel] apt metadata missing release file

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Jul 15 03:44:40 CEST 2005

Hi,

[gstreamer-devel-owner please approve this post, I'm not subscribed]

I'm reviewing repo configs for FC4 and stumbed across the missing
"release" file in apt's metadata generation (for all distributions).

This isn't critical for apt, it can happily overcome this and ignore
its absence, but other depsolvers like smart break on this. Perhaps
even up2date (untested). For both there is a workaround, i.e. they can
use yum's metadata instead of apt's, but smart performs better with
apt's metadata and it's cleaner to have the apt metadata proper
anyway.

Could you generate the release file, too? You can even do so w/o
regenerating the other metatdata file (--hashonly switch).

Thanks!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net