[gst-devel] tag issues

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Jul 22 04:34:16 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 21:00, Michael Stenner wrote:

> I ran into a problem using rhythmbox and easytag.  When I edited the
> tags in my mp3 files with easytag, rhythmbox no longer sees the tag.
> (...) I've run gst-player at debug level 5 and didn't see any helpful
> output  (no complaints, etc).  It simply doesn't display the tag info.
> It's still there, as easytag shows it and I can see it with hexdump.
>
> rhythmbox: 0.8.8
> gstreamer: 0.8.7
> easytag:   1.0
>
> Any help or ideas would be great.

Might be worth updating gstreamer + plugins to the current versions first if
you can find up-to-date packages for your distro somewhere, just to make sure
it hasn't been fixed already.

If that doesn't help, we probably need access to the file. Maybe you could
make it available somewhere? It would also be great if you could file a bug
in the bug tracker (http://bugzilla.gnome.org) about this - things like this
get easily lost on the mailing list.

 Cheers
  -Tim