[gst-devel] Re: MingW conflict, was : DirectX sinks for Windows status

Michal Benes michal.benes at xeris.cz
Tue Jul 26 00:26:01 CEST 2005

Hi,

> 1) when you move the window, the video overlay remains at the original
> position anyway

	I know about this issue. In fact, my Windows does not get the "changed
position" or resized event. May be I have forgot some parameter when
initializing it or I have handled some previous events wrong. Does
somebody who knows the Windows API have any clue?

> 2) crashes after a few minutes

	Yes my windows build is very very unstable. I will look into it. I not
sure it is in the sinks, it seems to me there are some problems also in
other plugins.

> As for the audiosink, it works with sinesrc fine but not so well with
> other audio.  I played an mp3 and it plays too fast and has some
> popping in it.  Maybe your clock timing is wrong.

	Yes, I have the problem with popping too. As for too fast audio
playback, I have seen this issue when the audio file had unsupported
audiorate, but I have raised the limit to 100000 what should be enough
(or not?)

> gst-launch.bat filesrc "location=E:/video.vob" ! decodebin "name=d" {
> d. ! ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale ! ddrawsink } { d. ! audioconvert !
> dsoundsink }

	You must add queue element between threads. The correct command is
gst-launch.bat filesrc "location=E:/video.vob" ! decodebin
"name=d" { d. ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! videoscale ! ddrawsink }
{ d. ! queue ! audioconvert ! dsoundsink }

> Another issue, which may be an internal bug is when I try to decode
> the mp2 audio in the vobwith the following:
>
> gst-launch-0.8.exe filesrc "location=E:/Video.vob" ! decodebin !
> audioconvert ! dsoundsink
>
> Produces:
>
> RUNNING pipeline ...
> ERROR: from element /pipeline0/decodebin0/ffdec_mp30: Internal
> GStreamer error: pad problem.  File a bug.
> Additional debug info:
> gstpad.c(2562): gst_pad_set_explicit_caps:
> /pipeline0/decodebin0/ffdec_mp30: failed to negotiate (try_set_caps
> with "audio/x-raw-int, rate=(int)48000, channels=(int)2,
> signed=(boolean)true, endianness=(int)1234, width=(int)16,
> depth=(int)16" returned REFUSED)
> ERROR: from element /pipeline0/decodebin0/ffdec_mp30: Internal
> GStreamer error: negotiation problem.  File a bug.
> Additional debug info:
> gstffmpegdec.c(643): gst_ffmpegdec_negotiate:
> /pipeline0/decodebin0/ffdec_mp30: Failed to link ffmpeg decoder (mp3)
> to next element
> Execution ended after 25 iterations (sum 359375000 ns, average
> 14375000 ns, min 0 ns, max 281250000 ns).

I will try to test test some .vob files. My be I have shipped the old
version of dsoundsink which supports frequency only up to 41000Hz. (I
have some other work now but I will look into it this afternoon). You
can also try to add audioscale element before dsoundsink

> As for Ixion...It doesn't work for me.  It just freezes when loading any video.

On no, this is bad. i do not have an idea in the moment :(

	Michal