[gst-devel] seeking on the spider plugin first

Akos Maroy darkeye at tyrell.hu
Thu Jun 2 06:59:49 CEST 2005

Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
>>I see. but I really need to seek on an element, and not on the final
>>alsasink (or osssink). is there no other way?
>

> No. Why on earth would you have this limitation?

first, it didn't work with seeking on the alsasink either.

second: the setup I need (and I posted an e-mail about this to the list
on Monday), is approx. the following:

filesource1 -- decoder1 ---\
                           |-- aggregator -- alsasink
filesource2 -- decoder2 ---/

and I need to seek separately on decoder1 and decoder2 (where aggregator
selects which source it forwards audio from).

see, I can't seek on alsasink, as that's not what I want to do...

Akos