[gst-devel] Question regarding gstreamer's current libraries

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Jun 20 23:01:22 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 16:18, Reinier Zwitserloot wrote:
>  Where can I see a list of plugins that work for gstreamer?

gst-inspect will give you a list of elements, and gst-inspect
elementname will give you details about this element. We don't have a
webpage yet containing all this info, although I badly want this. I may
end up writing it myself.

> I was wondering about output plugins for windows; is there a sink for
> video and a sink for windows audio that won't require any installation
> or downloads, just some DLLs I can ship with the product?

Don't count on it. We build on win32, but we don't have directshow
integration plugins. Someone should write those.

Shipping plugins is possible in your project, although you'd probably
need to ship your own gstreamer, too. There's a piece in the application
development manual about element integration in applications, then it
becomes one binary or a bunch of shared object files linked in your
binary. Shipping actually loadable plugins is possible, but would
require some fiddling with having multiple registries, I'm not 100% sure
how that would work.

Cheers,

Ronald

--