[gst-devel] handling windows codecs in gstreamer?

Osama Khan oskhan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 11:15:49 CEST 2005

Hi Ronald,

Actually i am interested in basic wmv/wma stuff at the moment. So
ffmpeg seems sufficient for me as it supports both the codecs and the
ASF container format. This seems to be the most feasible way to
incorporate support for windows codecs in open source software. Lets
just hope the patent hawks keep away for as long as possible ;) ...

-Osama