[gst-devel] Timestamping and clocking compared to DirectShow

Tim Harris Tim.Harris at snellwilcox.com
Fri Jun 24 09:47:13 CEST 2005

Hi Ronald,
Thanks for the info.

> The elements use the clock provided to them by the containing
> pipeline.

Does that mean that different pipelines can have different clocks?

> The timebase for elements
> is the difference between media time (buffer timestamps) and
> clock time (absolute values).

Ah, different definition of timebase. I meant: is the timebase fixed to
some number of nanoseconds (in DirectShow it's 100 nanoseconds I think)?

Many Thanks,
Tim

This email and any attachments is confidential, may be legally privileged and is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any use, disclosure, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If received in error, please delete this email and any attachments and confirm this to the sender.