[gst-devel] Audio Playback

Matt Morten djcredo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 12:15:16 CEST 2005

Try this:

Link a "filesrc" plugin with a regular CBR MP3 loaded, to a "mad"
plugin, to an "alsasink". Then, experiment with playing and pausing
the elements in the pipeline.

Does anyone else notice that after pausing, playing the pipeline
causes slight skips in the audio - usually ahead by a beat or so?

I am trying to build a DJ application, and I'm a little stuck because
of this. It is very difficult to DJ without being certain that the
audio stream can play at *exactly* the same point it was paused at.

I'm using Gstreamer 0.8 (I would love to try 0.9, but it seems the 3
plugins I need arent ported yet), with the stock 2.6.12 kernel.

I've also been playing around with some of the buffer settings in the
"alsasink" - none of which seem to make a difference.

Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance
Matt