[gst-devel] Re: Audio Playback

Wim Taymans wim at fluendo.com
Mon Jun 27 02:35:11 CEST 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 10:34 +0100, Matt Morten wrote:
> Thanks for your reply
>
> > Samples sent to the device are not kept in the element anymore and on
> > PAUSE the device buffer is flushed...
>
> Is there any reason for this? Is there a way around it, or is that undesireable?

This is just the way it is implemented currently in 0.8.

In any case, stopping the playback in the device and getting the exact
position of the last sample still played might prove to be difficult if
not impossible with the current audio API functions. Cutting on a
segment is possible though.

> > The 3 plugins are ported allright. Current 0.9 alsasink does not flush
> > the audiobuffer on PAUSED (it should) so it currently never skips a
> > sample. The only problem is that audio continues to play after PAUSE for
> > the amount of queued samples in the device. With a sufficiently small
> > segment size this time can be reduced to a few milliseconds.
>
> I can't find the 0.9 version of the MAD plugin - where can I get this?
The HEAD branch of gst-plugins should contain a working copy for 0.9.

Wim

Wim Taymans <wim at fluendo.com>