[gst-devel] Re: dparams roadmap (AKA dparams are dead, long live control pads)

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Mon Mar 7 05:54:06 CET 2005

Hi Edward,

the biggest conceptional problem is currently have is that in my last
mail in the thread - multiple voices.
There is currently a thread in the glib list about dynamically
adding/removing object properties.
And one thing they brought to my attention is that gobject prooperties
are installed class wide.
The number of voice an plugin supports is a property of the instance though.
With current dparams and with the control pad approach, it would be
possible to do it as these act on a object instance.

I have no good idea yet how to do this, when using gobject properties.

a.) allocating e.g. 10 sets of parameters and keeping a number of
'voices used'.
requires to use a GInterface, that tells about the special property to
use to control the number of voices.

b.) setting a current-voice property first and use this when the voice
properties are addressed
switch (property_id) {
  PROP_VOICE:
    current_voice=g_value_get_long(value);
    break;
  PROP_NOTE:
    note[current_voice]=g_value_get_long(value);
    break;
}
Bahhh, wouldn't work nicely with the envelopes ...

Stefan