[gst-devel] plugins split

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Thu Mar 10 09:46:23 CET 2005

Hola,

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> Attached is a patch that shows how I made make recursion under gst/ one
> level less deep in most cases.  This also speeds up the autogen process
> a bunch.  It has some side effects though, so you might want to give
> this patch a try and comment on the issues involved.

The downside is that the Makefile.am becomes fuzzy with a lot of elements.
Would it be an option to simply decrease the amount of subdirectories, but
keep all directories with their own Makefile.am? E.g., audioscale and
audioconvert are ver much related (yeah yeah, technology, bla), and the
same may be true for videotestsrc and videoscale, and probably there's
other elements that fit those groups as well (and there's other groups,
too). In total, it'd go in the same direction that you're going (which is
good, I think), but makes the Makefile.am slightly less cluttery (and
makes automake take a tiny bit longer again, although still a lot less
than now).

Ronald