[gst-devel] amaroK 1.2.2 Released!

Mark Kretschmann markey at web.de
Mon Mar 14 10:42:40 CET 2005

The amaroK team announces version 1.2.2 of the amaroK audio player

amaroK 1.2.2 offers many bugfixes, improvements and new features over the
previous release. We are especially happy to present the new Theming support
for amaroK, making it possible to style the Context-Browser with your favorite
designs. Happy theming!

ChangeLog relative to amaroK 1.2.1:

  FEATURES:
    * Context Browser CSS styles can now be installed and selected from the
      appearance settings.
    * Append Suggestions now has an icon in the statusbar.
    * When selecting multiple files, the "View/Edit Meta Information" dialog
      will show the tags that are common to all of them. (BR 100423)
    * A line graph equalizer added as a script "graphequalizer."

  CHANGES:
    * Add 25-track and 50-track smart-playlists.
    * Update current-track icons to include greater padding.
    * The contextbrowser now uses data:-URLs instead of temp image files, so
      they cannot be left on disk when amaroK terminates unexpectedly, and the
      Konqueror/Universal sidebar can show them when amaroK is not running.

  BUGFIXES:
    * escape '&' char in contextmenu entry (BR 101276)
    * Track is set as a number in the database, so shouldn't be added rounded
      by quotes. (BR 101208)
    * Rewrote the broken .pls playlist parser.
    * Handle delay gap between songs properly with aRts engine. (BR 90404)
    * Switched order of "Make playlist" and "Queue after current track" menus
      to avoid playlist destruction. (BR 96164 part 1)
    * Visualizations with LibVisual didn't work in some cases. (BR 99627)
    * amaroK could fail to build if the whole kdeextragear-1 module was
      compiled, due to conflicts with K3B on the MusicBrainz check.
      (BR 100906)
    * Images shown on OSD where incorrect for action notifications.
    * The handbook translations were not built when amaroK was installed from
      the tarball. I've written a new release script in Ruby, which can
      handle the new structure of kde-i18n. (BR 100498)
    * GStreamer-engine can now play vorbis radio streams properly, with
      full metadata support. (BR 89821)
    * GStreamer-engine now uses the "decodebin" autoplugger, which fixes
      the lag issues that some users had during crossfading. (BR 99570)

The amaroK team
---------------

amaroK is a soundsystem-independent audio-player for *nix. Its interface uses
a powerful "browser" metaphor that allows you to create playlists that make
the most of your music collection. We have a fast development-cycle and
super-happy users. We also provide pensions and other employment-benefits.

"Easily the best media-player for Linux at the moment. Install it now!"
    - Linux Format Magazine

WWW:  http://amarok.kde.org
WIKI: http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/
IRC:  irc.freenode.net #amarok