[gst-devel] Library Licence

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller uraeus at linuxrising.org
Wed Mar 23 09:16:32 CET 2005

Hi Flavio,
This should not be a problem as long as the actual plugin code is LGPL
or BSD licensed. For example we have a plugin in gst-plugins which uses
the GPL libmad library for mp3 decoding. libmad is GPL, but the code in
gst-plugins is LGPL. Since the LGPL of our plugin code is GPL compatible
this is of course not a problem and for people distributing it they of
course have to take the GPL licensing of libmad into consideration.

Christian