[gst-devel] gst-ffmpeg with AMR support ?

Emmanuel RAULO raulo at tamaris.tm.fr
Tue May 17 03:00:22 CEST 2005

Thank you Ronald for the quick answer

Ronald S. Bultje a écrit :

> To compile ffmpeg with AMR support, you not only need to enable the
> compile-option in thew configure script, but you also need to unpack the
> AMR sources into that directory

I knew as I had already compiled ffmpeg separately with AMR support.
In fact this was documented in ffmpeg/libavcodec/amr.c if I remember well.

> I've never tried and I don't care enough to fix it if it's
> broken. I would assume it doesn't work

Well, I can confirm it doesn't work. The autogenerated Makefile for FFMPEG
omits to link the libavcodec and libavformat targets against amr-related .o files.

> Instead, I'd suggest to compile gst-plugins with AMR support, because
> that's tested and known to work. To do that, download and install the
> autotoolified libamrnb from my website
> (http://ronald.bitfreak.net/priv/amrnb-0.0.1.tar.gz or
> [...]

I tried that. I get some libgstamrnb.* files in my gstreamer plugin dir.
However, after registering the new plugins, querying the amrnb plugin unveils
only parsing and decoding features. Here's a copy-paste from my shell :

mirages:~# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/
mirages:~# gst-register-0.8 --gst-plugin-path=/usr/local/lib/gstreamer-0.8/ |
grep amr
Added plugin amrnb with 2 features.
mirages:~# gst-inspect-0.8 amrnb
Plugin Details:
   Name:         amrnb
   Filename:     /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-0.8/libgstamrnb.so
   Version:      0.8.8
   License:      unknown
   Package:      GStreamer source release
   Origin URL:   http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/