[gst-devel] Re: Manipulating tags from scripts

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue May 17 09:11:18 CEST 2005

>> How can I read tags and write them, using gst-launch?
>> The furthest I've gotten until now is to use:
>> gst-launch -t <filename> ! decodebin ! fakesink

> You really want to use a scripting language like python or perl for this
> (they have very complete gstreamer bindings). gst-launch isn't suited for

I've looked at the Perl bindings, but the documentation is sparse: it
basically refers to the GStreamer doc which didn't say anything about how to
modify tags.

If someone could show me a sample script, that would be warmly appreciated,

        Stefan "thinking he'll be better off once he converted everything to
                Vorbis and can just forget about GStreamer and use
                vorbiscomment"