[gst-devel] RTP Caps,base payloader and jrtplib

Martin Cizek martin.cizek at xeris.cz
Thu Nov 3 02:57:11 CET 2005

Sebastien Cote wrote:
> Hi,
>
> --- Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas at apestaart.org>
> wrote:
>
> > not everyone uses rtpbin - it should be possible to
> > retrieve the random
> > values chosen by the payload encoder so the
> > application using it can
> > create the necessary session descriptions.
>
> What are the other options? Using only udpsink?

        We have developed a rtp element with similar design as jrtp
plugin has, except that we are using oRTP library.
First, we tried to work with jrtp (we also submitted some patches), but
later we realized oRTP fits our needs better since its code is
leightweight and written in C and glib.

        We have built RTSP/RTP streaming solution based on Gstreamer,
thus we would like to join the discussion regarding Gstreamer rtp
design. Of course, we'll give all RTP-related stuff to the community.

        You can have a look at the current work on ortpbin at:
http://gstreamer.xeris.cz/ortpbin/

Any feedback is welcome.

        Martin