[gst-devel] [Newbie] Command to play DVB stream on totem

Andy andyrod2004 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 5 14:41:53 CET 2005

I'm running the latest Ubuntu Breezey, with a
Hauppauge Nexus-s DVB card.
The card's driver is well installed (tested with szap
included in package dvb-utils).
"szap -n 102" generates a DVB stream playing channel
102.
Normally, people can see this stream with xine by
lauching
"xine stdin://mpeg2 < /dev/dvb/adaptor0/dvr0"
I don't have xine installed and don't want it. Totem
on Gstreamer is good and nice to me.
What is the equivalent command for Totem of this xine
command ? I have tried
"totem stdin://mpeg2 < /dev/dvb/adaptor0/dvr0"
but that doesn't work :)
I have installed all the packages/plugins related to
Gstreamer (including ffmpeg ...).

Andy