[gst-devel] Re: Syncronising multiple pipelines

izak marais izakmarais at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 8 01:16:14 CET 2005

Hi

Nobody has replied to my mail yet. I'm sorry if the
explanation was too long or the questions were stupid
or not
technical enough.  I've only been using gstreamer for
about a month now, so, although I have worked though
the documentation,
I'm still a bit new.

To summerise my questions:  if you have two different
data streams (i.e. from different sources), how do you
synchronize them?
Some guesses (but I don't know if it's possible of how
to do it):
	Should it be two pipelines sharing a clock? or,
	Could the two different streams be placed in the same
pipeline?

I also have a problem with getting the following
simple pipeline to run smoothely (it stutters):

	gst-launch filesrc name=source
location="/home/izak/2005/Skripsie/test_files/chol.wav"
!  wavparse ! alsasink

I've tried to use treads to alleviate the stuttering,
but to no avail:

	gst-launch filesrc name=source
location="/home/izak/2005/Skripsie/test_files/chol.wav"
! {queue ! wavparse ! alsasink}

The wave file is a: RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE
audio, Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, mono 44100 Hz.

Thanks
Izak