[gst-devel] status of rtp packetizers

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Thu Nov 10 06:42:37 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 09:29 -0300, Edgard Lima wrote:
> I agree with you Thomas.
>
> Now I dont know if it is still worthwile to changes names from
>
> gstrtpCODECenc to gstrtpCODECpay
> gstrtpCODECdec to gstrtpCODECdepay

I didn't push harder for this because I felt people would think I'm
nitpicking :) But if it's going to be changed anyway, the change should
make sense.

In particular, I don't think dropping rtp from the name is a good idea.
(Also, note, gst isn't actually part of the element name; the examples
you're giving aren't things that exist anywhere :))

> what do you think Kai?
>
> Thomas, when can we commit? after Nov-19?

All things that would change the API/ABI need to be logged in bugzilla;
tracked correctly; and get approval from a maintainer before Nov-19.
Around that time, we will spend I guess a week on merging all these
patches, but only if they're approved.

> I ve two new elements to comit
>
> gstrtpspeexpay and gstrtpspeexdepay
> gstrtplpcmpay and gstrtplpcmdepay
>
> should I wait until that?

Either wait to commit them, or commit them with the current convention.

Thomas

I'm so boring my clothes wanna keep
somebody else warm someone cooler