[gst-devel] Extract AAC audio from Apple trailer?

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Fri Nov 11 08:09:47 CET 2005

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 16:24 +0100, Louise Hoffman wrote:
> Can GStreamer extract AAC audio from an Apple High Definition trailer?

Yes.

> gst-launch filesrc location=kingdom_of_heaven_m720p.mov ! decodebin! {
> queue ! faad ! filesink location=test.aac }

You're extracting audio, redecoding it (??) and saving it to disk. This
will not work. You can do two things: either save as raw AAC, which
requires re-encoding since the AAC in .mov files is packetized, or save
it packetized in a new .mov container:

gst-launch filesrc location=file.mov ! decodebin ! audioconvert ! faac
outputformat=1 ! filesink location=file.aac

or

gst-launch filesrc location=file.mov ! qtdemux .audio_00 ! ffmux_mp4 !
filesink location=file.m4a

I've tested the second when I created the mp4 muxer, it works fine. The
first has always worked fine.

Cheers,
Ronald