[gst-devel] Proposition for a media test suite

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Nov 14 08:43:18 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 17:30 +0100, Edward Hervey wrote:
> On 11/14/05, Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net> wrote:
> > Read the question again, you didn't answer the main part. How do I make
> > sure the first frame coming out of my pipeline is the one I want to seek
> > to when seeking in a decodebin-generated pipeline?
>
>   By comparing the seek start time and the timestamp of the first
> buffer that arrives in the sinks after doing a GST_SEEK_FLAG_ACCURATE
> | GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH seek when the pipeline is completely set ? Sorry
> for not detailling more previously, I thought that part was obvious.

You still didn't read my question, I explained the problem above. There
is *no pipeline to seek on* since decodebin only builds it when it goes
to _PAUSED and I want to seek before going to _PAUSED (e.g. in _READY,
as you suggested).

I'm asking for better-defined behaviour because we've always had those
seek flags and we all know what they mean (it's not like gtk-doc
magically makes the world go around, y'know? It just documents that it
does); and yet it never worked...

Cheers,
Ronald