[gst-devel] Re: Linking elements with dynamic pads.

John Janecek nopa90 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 17:06:11 CET 2005

Sounds very similar to my question about Python and Queues.
(See my post about python and queues)

Anyway Edwards answer was :

It's the way gstreamer is designed. When going to PAUSED, the
pipeline needs to pre-roll (have a buffer in all sinks). If you only
have one stream (and one sink), the buffer gets there and everything
is fine. If you have several streams (and several sinks), the demuxers
will send a buffer and then stop. You have to insert queues in front
of all the sinks so that the demuxers knows it has to send more data
(until all sinks have a buffer).

 Edward

Anyway try placing a queue on each bin after the demuxer.
Without the queues my pipeline would connect but not actually play. I
was very confused but when i stick queue there it work fine.

Anyway i thought it might be a problem with python and the global
interpretor lock, but nope.

Anyway try that and see what happens.