[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] alima [mmssrc]

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Tue Nov 29 02:21:01 CET 2005

Hi Edgard,

This rocks! Nice port. I haven't tried it out yet but the code looks
nice.

Only a couple comments:

On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 18:55 -0800, Edgard Nicéas Arcoverde Gusmão Lima
wrote:

> +static GstFlowReturn
> +gst_mms_create (GstPushSrc * psrc, GstBuffer ** buf)
[...]

> +  *buf = gst_buffer_new ();

I know this came from the 0.8 version, but you should probably be using
either gst_buffer_new_and_alloc or gst_pad_alloc_buffer. If you use
alloc_buffer you have to check the flowreturn of course.

> +  result =
> +      mms_read (NULL, mmssrc->connection, (char *) data, mmssrc->blocksize);

Normally you would expect a negative result to mean some kind of error.
However I looked in the source and this thing can't raise an error. Odd.
So this is ok.

I guess that's it. Again, nice work :)

Cheers,
--