[gst-devel] Audio sink for Windows progress

Michal Benes michal.benes at xeris.cz
Fri Oct 7 09:10:51 CEST 2005

Hi,
Andy Wingo píše v Čt 06. 10. 2005 v 11:28 +0200:
> Hey dude,
>
> On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 18:44 +0200, Michal Benes wrote:
> > I have finished first
> > working version of DirectSound audio sink.
>
> Most excellent. I see you also have a video sink at your site. Any
> chance of getting these in gst-plugins-ugly (because of the GPL
> license)?

Yes, we plan to port the sinks to 0.9 and get rid of GPL code
(originated from MPlayer).

> I guess you'd have to go through the whole mess of figuring
> out how to compile 0.9 under mingw though.

Compilation of 0.9 is actually easier, I have filled some problems
(mostly trivial) to bugzilla (see #316073).

> That said, if any of the new
> API isn't windows-friendly, now would be the time to look at it...

OK, libpopt seems to me quite windows-unfriendly (it is quite a problem
to get this beast compiled correctly), I can only vote for the switch to
GOption ;-)

	Regards,

		Michal