[gst-devel] detection of gst-ffmpeg during configure

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Oct 11 01:30:56 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 08:22 +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:

> i would like to add a test in my configure stuff to check if gst-ffmpeg is
> installed. I've not found anything related to pkg-config and gst-ffmpeg.
>
> So, is there a way to do this ?

maybe something like:

AM_GST_ELEMENT_CHECK(ffmpeg,
  [
    found_gstffmpeg=yes
  ], [
    found_gstffmpeg=no
  ]
)

if test "x$found_gstffmpeg" != "xyes"; then
  AC_MSG_ERROR([You need to install gst-ffmpeg first!])
fi

(the AM_GST_ELEMENT_CHECK macro is defined in gst-element-check.m4 which
should be in the root of the GStreamer core source tree).

 Cheers
  -Tim