[gst-devel] Online video editing

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 11 02:02:12 CEST 2005

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Noel wrote:

> I'm new to Gstreamer. I'm doing research into a potential application. What
> this app needs to provide is online video editing. Has anyone come accross
> similar technology? I'm looking for pointers in the right direction.

I saw online video editing demo by SurfNET via (I thought) SMIL based
editing, in browser. The use request media streams, places cut points and
can do transitions.

With SMIL you could modify the DOM tree on the fly and push it back to the
server, to render, or just to load in a SMIL capable player.

Stefan