[gst-devel] new API for applications to check plugin requirements

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Tue Oct 11 21:07:33 CEST 2005

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 05:15:21PM +0100, Tim Müller wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I'd like to add the following four functions to the 0.9 API to make it
> easier for applications to check plugin requirements at runtime/on
> startup:

Absolutely not.  That API is gross.

IMO, this kind of function does not belong in gstreamer, it belongs
in your application.  Or at best, it's a utility function that
should go in gstutil.c.  Note however, that plugin versions are
char * -- i.e., GStreamer does not care what it contains.

dave...

--
David Schleef
Big Kitten LLC (http://www.bigkitten.com/) -- data acquisition on Linux