[gst-devel] Porting ASF demuxer to 0.9

Amit Bhalla amit.bhalla at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 12:27:59 CEST 2005

Hi,

set_caps() is being called once when the pad is created and once again
before the buffer is pushed to the pad.  I took a look at a few other
demuxers and noticed that gst_buffer_set_caps() is being on the buffer
itself.  Is this necessary?  I tried it out and I am able to get a
single frame pushed through to xvimagesink but not sure if this is the
proper use of the api.

Secondly is it necessary to implement a setcaps() function for the plugin?

And lastly I am seeing a:

(gst-launch-0.9:28392): GStreamer-CRITICAL **:
gst_structure_set_parent_refcount: assertion `refcount != NULL' failed

before a seg fault.  Is this related to improper handling of the
GstBuffer via _ref and _unref functions?

Thanks for the continued help.

Cheers,

-Amit